Kudo Muramasa ]] 駆動村正 [[
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wizardry: Online launched today...

3 posters

Go down

Wizardry: Online launched today... Empty Wizardry: Online launched today...

Post  shram Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:43 pm

It's not a bad waste of time. Free, too.

It's not an online Wizardry game, but an MMO with Wizardry-style character generation. Pretty fun, I think.
If I have time to be online, you can add my character/soul name, it's "Tekka Exodus".

Post here if you're interested in playing!
shram
shram
Admin

http://eikouscans.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Wizardry: Online launched today... Empty Re: Wizardry: Online launched today...

Post  Zetor Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:51 am

I've been following this game on other forums -- honestly what turns me off is the idea of always-on permadeath pvp combined with (I think) fairly standard hotbar-based MMO combat. Now if you could control a party of dudes and the encounters were turn-based...
Zetor
Zetor

Back to top Go down

Post  shram Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:21 am

It's pretty hard to get permaded though, even with open PVP. You can't even get attacked until level 8, there's guards everywhere, and once you flag yourself as a criminal, it's pretty much open season on your face. On top of that, you can actually post bounties for criminal players, furthering the incentive for normal players to stomp ganker face (no penalty for doing so, and you get a reward, I thought that was pretty neat). I haven't played it for a huge amount of time yet, obviously, but the system of checks and balances that I have seen seems to work pretty well.

I do like the challenge, and combat is pretty fun. It's not rotation based, thankfully (like, whee, now that I've used 1-2-3, I can do 4 for +8% damage), it feels a bit more action RPG-ish, with active blocking and everything.
shram
shram
Admin

http://eikouscans.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post  taubu Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:36 am

I remember reading about this one a couple of times. It kind of makes me sad that it's taken a more action approach though. I miss the slower mmos like The Realm and UO. Is it open world or more dungeon based? I'd love to play; however, I'm a stick in the mud these days. Between work, study, and family, I get about 10 to 15 hours a week to game. This would be plenty of time to play an MMO, but I have a problem with getting really into those games and not stopping Smile. The last MMO I played was Mabinogi. I decided to lay off them for a long while when I got married.
Anyway, let me know what you think about it. I'm always interested in hearing about the multitude of mmos out there.

taubu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum